Saturday, May 26, 2012

Cookies and Cream Spurs Cupcakes


Every year my husband Jimmy and I look forward to watching the Spurs playoff games, only the past few years have not been too easy on us Spurs fans. I'll admit I don't remember a whole lot about my college days, but I clearly remember the excitement of the Spurs playoff game series when they won the championship back in 2005. Their last championship title was in 2007, which feels like a very long time ago, so I am convinced that this is their year to reclaim that title. Jimmy and my Dad are going to experience a playoff game for the first time together this Sunday, so I decided to celebrate with these lovely little black and white delights! Oreo desserts have been all over Pinterest lately, so I finally had an excuse to try my hand at them. They were fun and pretty easy to make. I struggled a bit with the frosting as it was a little too sweet for me. I forgot to taste it as I added in the sugar, so don't make the same mistake as me when you whip up your batch! They were still very tasty, and I will definitely make them again. If you are a fan of Oreos, which hardly seems like a question, you should give this recipe a try!

Oreo halves go cream up in the liners like this.

After baking, your cupcakes should look something like this.

Cheers to my hubby and Dad for getting to go to this game!

My first bite of sweet bliss!

Made these cute flags with coffee straws that I trimmed down a little. Just printed out some logos, cut them out in different flag shapes and glued them on the straws with a glue stick.


Go Spurs Go!! Future 2012 Playoff Champs! :)

Directions

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see you tomorrow and that CUPCAKE :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Me too, although I know you're mostly referring to the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog!! Pics are clear and close up. Lovely!! I'm sure it will be very beneficial to many and yummy indeed!

    ReplyDelete